Tuesday, April 16, 2013

The Benchmade 710: Just A Good Knife

I usually write about knives that I own myself, but today I am going to write about one that I am getting ready to purchase. I can't be more excited about it. I have ordered the Benchmade 710, a McHenry and Williams design that has become one of Benchmade's more popular knives in recent years.

The thing I love the most about the 710 is the grip. I am a huge fan of G10, and Benchmade does not use that handle material a lot, using anodized aluminum most of the time instead. The 710 has a sleek look and design, with a great grip. Benchmade's AXIS lock is also present, and the blade is made of a premium D2 Tool Steel, which means this knife is made for hard use applications. Take a look:



As you can see, it has a modified clip point, and the blade is almost 4 inches, which is pretty long for an EDC, but the weight is good at under 5 oz, and the balance feels great. Basically, if you have the need for an everyday knife that will work as hard as you do, while still keeping style in mind, this is the knife for you. The knife retails at around $170, and with all it has to offer, is totally worth it!

Anyone have a 710? Leave your thoughts in the comments below!

Sincerely,

TKG

No comments:

Post a Comment